A man named James Harrison pledged to donate blood once he turned 18 and it was discovered that his blood contained a rare antigen which cured Rhesus disease.
Today, James has donated blood more than 1,000 times and is estimated to have saved the lives of more than 2 million people.
James Harrison’s blood was also used towards the creation of the Rho(D) Immune Globulin (Rhesus disease vaccine). So now this anti-gen is available to people all over the world! God wasn’t really subtle when he gave James Harrison his life purpose. He literally had his purpose bred into him.
No matter what you accomplish in life, it’s tough to beat a guy who’s saved 2 million lives.
More Information on James Harrison:
- In 40 minutes James Harrison saves thousands of lives.
- Mr. Harrison donated blood plasma for 57 years, and donated more than 1,000 times.
- Harrison’s own daughter needed the injection and her father’s blood was used in the donation.
- Harrison’s plasma contains an antibody needed to make life saving injections for mothers whose blood is attacking their unborn babies. 17% of pregnant woman need the injection.
- He holds the Guinness World Record for the amount of blood he has donated.